Start A New Life

4:52 PM

I come from a family background of teachers where everybody including my dad is in this noble profession. But I affected change in my own life and started over, started anew. As George Bernard Shaw rightly puts it - "Life isn't about finding yourself. Life is about creating yourself"

It was the year 2001 when I had finished my schooling and was supposed to start my graduation. No one in my extended family dared to venture in the field of commerce and my parents too were very skeptical about it. They told me to think over it again and change my decision. Though they hesitated a lot on my choice, I took the bold step in studying commerce and went on to finish my Bachelors as well as Masters. As I had so much interest in accounts and business, I loved studying about it in detail and with full interest. This brought a lot of positivity in me and I enjoyed my college life.

Immediately after my graduation, I got a job in one of the top 10 Audit Firm in U.A.E. and I was very happy about it. My new work place was very near to home and the timing was also just so convenient. I started learning the knacks of basic office, auditing and lots of new things. I was first time introduced into the culture of corporate world and since nobody in my family has ever ventured into it, it was all so new to me and I was just loving it. I had a great team to work with which was very friendly and helpful. The excitement in me knew no bounds as I was the first in my entire extended family both from my father's side as well as mother's side to do a job in a corporate world. Whenever I talked to my uncles and cousins they used to be so much appreciative of me. For them it was a completely new concept of a girl working in office. And in the process I enjoyed all the appreciations and respect that I received and I was like a star. It really shot up my confidence level and I was doing great in my work place.

After few years of working, once again I took a bold step and decided to bring a change. I switched careers as I realized that I needed a change - a good change to grow and develop. My dad was hesitant again on this decision of mine but I went ahead and took this bold step and landed yet another attractive job. It was a new work place, a new team to work with and new kind of work. Once again I learned a lot of new things in finance which were needed for my future growth. My confidence level increased and I was performing excellent in my career.

I used the money earned very judiciously and saved a lot of money in hand. Finally, I took one more bold step of buying a house in a city with my own hard earned money. As usual, my parents were doubtful about it and wanted me to invest in my native place. But I took this decision very wisely and now I’m enjoying my life staying in my very own new home. There is nothing more satisfying than the happiness of staying in your own home. 

So, you too can look up and #StartANewLife at https://housing.com/. It encourages to embrace change - good change, if we intend to move forward, living better, and give ourselves the chance to be the best we can possibly be.

Disclaimer: Narration in this website are a work of fiction. The characters do not exist and are purely imaginary. Any resemblance to persons, living or dead, is purely coincidental.

You Might Also Like

0