International Day of Happiness

3:55 PM

Happiness is an emotional state of well being characterized by positive emotions ranging from contentment to intense joy. 


Being happy is about feeling good. Happiness can be found in simple things in life, it is an uplifting emotions. Here goes a Chinese Proverb on Happiness which is very true –

"If you want happiness for an hour – take a nap, if you want happiness for a day – go fishing, if you want happiness for a year – inherit a fortune, if you want happiness for a lifetime – help some else"

Many people derive happiness from materialistic things in life, but I derive my happiness from simple pleasures of life, some of which I am mentioning here:

Baking cakes and breads has become very therapeutic for me and uplifts my mood and bring happiness in my life. I instantly fell in love with the lovely aroma that spreads my house when these goodies are being baked in the oven. Also, seeing the transformation of the batter to the final product brings joy in my life.

Happiness for me is spending time in the lap of nature. Instead of going to malls, I prefer going out to parks, beaches, hills, etc. It rejuvenates me and brings freshness in me. I also love listening to the birds chirping in the mornings. It is full of life and gives me the motivation to start my day.

Spending quality time with loved ones has become a necessity for me to keep me going in life. Making new friends or spending time with old friends with casual chit chats and laughs makes me happy. It helps me in forgetting my problems and makes me more open minded and take life as it comes

Some 10 minutes of exercise and meditation everyday helps me in burning out my negative emotions and fills me with positivity. It brings inner peace and calm which ultimately makes me contended and happy.

Any kind gesture done by me gives me immense pleasure. It can be as simple as buying an ice cream cone and giving it out to that poor boy on the street and then seeing the smile and glow on his face. Or it may be giving out clothes, toys, utensils to the house maid and then she goes on to thank me and seeing her smiling face brings joy to me. 

These were only some points of happiness that I mentioned above, there are many other things that makes me happy, some of which again are playing in the rain, eating ice creams and pastries, decorating my house, winning some competitions, spending time with my kid, eating out, blogging, getting likes and comments for recipes, friends sending some home baked cookies, getting a surprise gift, receiving a compliment, exploring new places, enjoying my evening coffee and lazying around in bed on weekends.

For Coca-Cola, happiness is anything that brings a smile to your face! It’s about adding a dose of refreshment, brightness and cheer to the lives of people who love it. 

You Might Also Like

1