BigBasket.com Review - The Online Grocery Store in India

11:24 AM

The first time I did my online grocery shopping was from BigBasket.com, the online supermarket, a couple of months back. With hubby's hectic schedule at office along with long working hours and a baby at home to take care, we were not able to go out for our regular grocery shopping. It was then that I stumbled upon this online store and made my first purchase. They had given a slot for delivery which was very convenient for me as I chose the time when my baby would be asleep so that I could take out and keep the things in their respective places. Its not that I had not done any online shopping before, but for buying groceries we were always skeptical. Since then, I have been using this site for making my purchases.

Some of the features that I really liked are mentioned below:

Fresh items 
Vegetables and fruits delivered are usually fresh and well packed

Wide range of products
In addition to the readily available products with our local grocer, they have got a wide range of products which we can find only in super stores or hyper markets. Some of them are:
- Organic fruits, vegetables, pulses, flours and spices
- Healthy drinks like multi grain beverage mix and ragi malt
- Ayurvedic food products and personal care items 
- Imported and Gourmet products
- Frozen meat items 
- Household needs like cookware, appliances cleaning needs, etc

Option to create a shopping list
I could use the website and keep adding the items in my list before adding them in the cart as and when I remember. This feature is really helpful if you are planning for purchase over multiple days

Option for choosing Delivery Time Slots
Most other online shopping portal just informs you that your product will reach within so and so number of days. But here, we have the option to choose from 4 delivery time slots available according to our convenient

Proactive Customer Support and On Time Delivery
I just love their customer support staff, they are very helpful and courteous. Their deliveries are always on time and I have never experienced any delays so far

Delivery Pin
You need to mention the delivery PIN which is sent via SMS to you to get the order delivered. This is an enhance safety measure to avoid any wrong deliveries

Offers and Discounts
Like every other budget conscious moms I too am on the lookout for offers and discounts. All the offers on their website are listed under the drop down "OFFERS". Apart from this they also have COMBO offers

In short, if you are like me who don't like to waste time spending hours roaming in hyper markets and picking up things, then I would definitely recommend you to use BigBasket.com and enjoy shopping online food from the comfort of your home!!!

Currently, they are operational in Bangalore, Hyderabad, Mumbai and Pune

You Might Also Like

5