How to Clean Mushrooms

1:27 PM

As bought from the shop
I'm not sure if you have noticed that I've added few new pages and some features to my blog space today. While doing so I realised that I've not added any articles on How-To's recently. I have bought these button mushrooms yesterday and thought of sharing it with you the basics first. The first time I bought mushrooms was 2 years back and I had just washed and used them in a gravy. The taste was yuck and I never dared to try it again. So, today once again I thought to try it out and looked for basics first. Yes, how to clean them because new learners like me won't be aware of it. So, here is the simple steps that you should follow while handling mushrooms:
  • Peel the outer layer of the mushrooms
  • Cut the edge of the stems
  • Turn the head part upside down and scrape the hairy inside, done mainly for bigger sized ones
  • Wash it under running water and pat dry
  • Slice into 3-4 parts, not more than that
  • Use 
Notes:
  • Use mushrooms within 1 or 2 days of your purchase
  • As mushrooms leaves lots of water while cooking, add water accordingly in your gravies
After peeling the outer skin
After dicing, ready to be cooked!!!

Hope you find it useful.... :)

You Might Also Like

56