Choco-Nut Crumb Cake

10:36 AM

I am very happy to state the fact that my series "Guest Post - Baking" is rocking high, I had never imagined that it will go this way. Thank you one and all for being a part of it. Each time I receive a guest post, I learn something new and I'm sure with all your support I will succeed one day... :). I have with me here a very talented food blogger, Nilofer who blogs at Kitchen Serenity. A big welcome to you dear. A peek into her blog will get u a collection of wonderful recipes and you will be surprised to see that it has grown so soon, in such a short span of time, well done Nilu. Today she has brought a very delicious cake for me and for all the readers of my page - Choco-Nut Crumb Cake, it is so yumm and perfect, thank you for sending such a delicious recipe,,, rest in her own words....

I am so happy and excited to do a guest post for Razina. When Razina asked me to do a guest post I was really excited, although it happened a long time back but as I was a bit tied up, I took my own sweet time to make something and send it to her. Thanks to Razina for understanding and also sharing her blog for my recipe today. I came to know Razina through her blog and I know she is very passionate about baking. I was actually thrilled when she asked me for a guest post so I made this Choco-Nut Crumb cake for you Razina. Hope you like it.

My hubby loves coconut macaroons and my son’s favourite has always been chocolate cake. After thinking for sometime, I took this perfect opportunity to try out this Choco-Nut crumb cake which is the combo of both. The cake turned out to be very moist and delicious with a unique aroma of coconut. Luckily, this combo was appreciated a lot by my hubby and son. If you like chocolate and coconut, then this cake is totally worth-trying.. I PROMISE YOU WON’T BE DISAPPOINTED!!




Ingredients:
2 eggs
1 cup maida / all purpose flour
¾ cup powdered sugar
⅓ cup water
¼ cup margarine
¼ cup cream
2 tbsp cocoa powder
1 tsp lemon juice
1 tsp vanilla essence
½ tsp baking soda
¼ tsp salt


For coconut topping:

2 egg whites
2 cup desiccated coconuts
½ cup powdered sugar
2 tbsp maida / all purpose flour
1½ tsp vanilla essence


Method:

For the cake:

Preheat the oven at 180 degrees Celsius.

In a mixing bowl, combine all the ingredients for the cake and beat well till mixed.

Pour the batter in a greased and dusted 8 inch spring form tin.



For the topping:

Beat egg whites in a clean and dry bowl till soft peaks are formed.

Gradually add sugar and beat till stiff peaks are formed.

Add desiccated coconut, maida and vanilla essence. Beat till well mixed.

Spread unevenly on the cake.

Bake at 180 degrees Celsius for 50 – 55 minutes or until done.

Remove and cool completely on a wire rack.

Cut in slices and serve


It really is a no fail cake recipe, with a wonderful taste....
Thank you so much Nilu for taking out time and doing this post for me, u made my day!!!  Hope to see many more such delicious baking recipes coming from your side.... :)

Do check out her blog Kitchen Serenity

You Might Also Like

16